NFC tags and 3d Printing
Two emerging technologies blending together? NFC and 3d Printing are finding ways to coverge to create more dynamic objects.
Here are a few projects showing the concept in action:
Flomio a company specializing in NFC products (Flojack, Zapps), has figured out a way to reliably embed an NFC tag into the 3D printing process. Up to this point people have just been attaching an NFC sticker to the bottom of an object. More details about their service and pricing can be found here or you can see it in action below.
3DP 4 BTC adds a third technology to the mix by printing a 3d simulated Bitcoin for you to act as your wallet or to load your favorite wallet app when you swipe it with your phone. You can pick one up here.
In more mass produced applications and following along with Activisions RFID enabled Skylanders game, Nintento has announced that their game Pokémon Rumble U will include seven Pokémon figurines with near field communication compatibility that can interact with the system.
- 'Pokemon Rumble U' NFC toys revealed in first look image
- Activision Skylanders Game Ignites New NFC Market
- Activision delivers cease and desist to Skylanders tinkerer - Geek.com
- NFC Technology Brings New Life to Games - RFIDJournal
- Nokia Launches New NFC-Enabled Games - Techcrunch
- Angry Birds Coming Soon Everywhere (Literally) - ReadWrite