Smart Waste Management Systems
An overview of Smart City waste management market. View wireless solution providers, case studies and data platform offerings.
The following Channel Guide will help you:
- Better understand the currently available smart waste management tracking systems and how they work.
- Filter and compare solution providers.
- Get an overview of currently deployed case studies and their implementation results.
"Data-driven waste management solutions"
- Clean CUBE, the solar-powered waste compacting bin. Holds up to 8 times more waste than standard bins and communicates the information it collects wirelessly to Clean City Networks waste management platform.
- Clean CAP, the wireless ultrasonic fill-level sensor for waste bins. Can be attached to any type of bin, container or tank to sense both solid and liquid waste. Wireless real-time communication with Clean City Networks.
- Clean City Networks, the real-time monitoring and data analytics platform. Monitors container's fill-level and status in real time, generates data analytics reports, and optimizes collection routes using predictive algorithms.
"With the tagline "instant cash for phones" the ecoATM kiosk's use the Axeda cloud platform and built in diagnostic tools to analyze the condition and quality of old consumer devices (currently targeting cellphones) and give users cash on the spot for their used electronics saving them from years of sitting in the junk drawer of your house and out of landfills creating toxic eWaste."
Senseable City Lab: Trash Track
"Elaborated by the SENSEable City Lab and inspired by the NYC Green Initiative, TrashTrack focuses on how pervasive technologies can expose the challenges of waste management and sustainability. Can these same pervasive technologies make 100% recycling a reality?
TrashTrack uses hundreds of small, smart, location aware tags: a first step towards the deployment of smart-dust - networks of tiny locatable and addressable microeletromechanical systems.These tags are attached to different types of trash so that these items can be followed through the city’s waste management system, revealing the final journey of our everyday objects in a series of real time visualizations."
Senseable City Lab: Forage Tracking - Tools for Participatory Recycling Management
"The Forage Tracking project is mapping the tacit knowledge and spatial organization of informal recyclers.
We are using location-detecting hardware and software to investigate how Catadores, informal recyclers in Brazilian cities, find and collect material in the city. We are also developing participatory platforms that will help them to organize their activities and connect the cooperative to the citizens."
Case Study: Smart waste bins on the streets of Berlin
Enevo ONe is a comprehensive logistics solution that saves time, money and the environment. It uses wireless sensors to measure and forecast the...
Compology builds WasteOS: the only dynamic routing system built exclusively for the waste industry.
Change your space with the Bigbelly smart Waste and Recycling System. Bigbelly is improving the quality of life and operational efficiency in over...
- Science Daily: Smart Trash Cans: RFID-Based Recycling Technology Makes Philadelphia Greener
- EE Times: Sorting out Smart Trash"The term "smart trash" is neither an oxymoron, like "military intelligence" or "promising semiconductor stock," nor a reference to a PhD living in a trailer park. It's a term for giving our waste stream enough intelligence to identify itself, assist in its own sorting and recycling process, and prevent the wrong stuff from ending up somewhere it can do harm."
- Cleveland.com: High-tech carts will tell on Cleveland residents who don't recycle ... and they face $100 fine
- Wall St Journal: Will Trash Cans Get Smart?
- Clean Technica: An “Internet Of Things” Approach to Cleaner, Greener Public Space
Whitepaper: SMART TRASH: Study on RFID tags and the recycling industry