Leikr Connected Watch
ENDURANCE TRAINING MADE SIMPLE
Leikr is a new connected watch designed by a group of ex-Nokia engineers that want to use it's large screen and connectivity options to target training athletes.
Born out of the team's desire to fix a hole they saw in the GPS watch market "..we have never been completely satisfied with them: too bulky, too difficult to operate, slow in getting the GPS signal, small screens and little to show" Their watch sports an impressive range of specs starting with a custom GPS system, and 3 built-in connectivity options (WIFI 802.11 b/g/n, Ant+, Bluetooth 4.0). The information is displayed on a 2-inch color (320 x 240 resolution) gorilla glass screen to help show off the design's OpenStreetMap integration.
The Leikr watch displays traditional tracking data like time, distance, speed, pace, and calories burned, but also features an accelerometer and additional integrations with heart rate monitors and other accessories via its Ant+ and Bluetooth 4 connections.
- Processor: 500MHz Arm Cortex A8
- Connectivity: WIFI 802.11 b/g/n, Ant+, Bluetooth 4.0, USB 2.0
- Display: Gorilla Glass, 2” TFT color 320×240 pixel 65K color
- Sensors: GPS, Accelerometer
- Size: 57,20 x 40,40 x 10,65 mm
- Weight:55 gr
- Verge: Ex-Nokia engineers develop the Leikr GPS sports watch, Kickstarter campaign now open
- DC Rainmaker: Hands on with the new Leikr GPS sports watch
- Techcrunch: Kickstarter: Leikr Is An OpenStreetMap GPS Sports Watch With A Two-Inch Colour Screen
- Engadget: Leikr GPS sports watch has 2-inch screen, ex-Nokia engineers on its side
- GizMag: Leikr GPS sports watch maps your progress in color
- Video - CES: The Multifunctional Leikr GPS Sports Watch