The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has released guidelines for internet of things cybersecurity. It’s report, “Strategic Principles for Securing the Internet of Things (IoT), Version 1.0” takes a broad-strokes approach to explaining best practices.
The principles outline are:
- Incorporate Security at the Design Phase
- Advance Security Updates and Vulnerability Management
- Build on Proven Security Practices
- Prioritize Security Measures According to Potential Impact
- Promote Transparency across IoT
- Connect Carefully and Deliberately