Retail In-Store Analytics
Find and compare in-store analytics companies and solutions. Measure shopper behaviors and increase store conversions.
When people hear "retail analytics", they often immediately jump to intelligent and connected marketing. While this is a good portion of the puzzle In-store analytics can help drive retail value in a variety of ways.
Advanced algorithms have been developed to take in anything from video to images to audio and presence sensors and attempt to break it down into discrete chunks of meaningful information for a store. Once categories of information are established, trends can be established by tracking progress over time, ultimately allowing a business to alter their techniques in order to save money, manage their building and equipment more efficiently and engage customers and every step of their journey both when they first enter the store, and continuing well after when they have returned home.
The following Channel Guide will help you:
- Determine the best customer analysis tools and the technology behind brick and mortar traffic smart sensors, video analytics, etc
- Give overview of Bluetooth beacon and Wifi tracking technologies and their security concerns
- List resources on forward looking technology like predictive analytics and big data analysis for physical retail stores.
"Quantify the world"
Companies with physical retail analytics solutions
- Article: Retail Touchpoints - In-Store Insights Help Turn Browsers Into Buyers
- Article: Forbes - E-Commerce Style Big Data Analytics Meet Brick And Mortar Retailers
- Article: NYTimes - How Companies Learn Your Secrets
- Article: RetailNext - Improved Wi-Fi chip sets will benefit in-store analytics
- Article: Revolution Wi-Fi - 5 Retail Trends Driving Wi-Fi
- Research: McKinsey Global Institute - Big data: The next frontier for innovation, competition, and productivity
- - CQuotient - Impact of “Big Data” on Retail: The McKinsey View (Part 1 of 2)
- Research: Babson - Realizing the Potential of Retail Analytics Plenty of Food for those with the Appetite (pdf)
- Research: PSFK - Future of Retail
- Interview: Oreilly Radar - Google Analytics for the Real World: A Conversation with Sharon Biggar of Path Intelligence
- Mobile Location Analytics Code of Conduct (PDF)
- Article: FastCo - Here’s What Brick-and-mortar Stores See When They Track You
- Article: Bloomberg - Big Brother Watches as Stores Seek More Data: Retail
- Article: WSJ - Tracking Companies Agree to Notify Shoppers, But Retailers Demur