Smart City Applications
Search and discover innovative IoT smart city applications and case studies as well as smart city Android and iOS apps for Amsterdam, NYC, London and Barcelona.
The following Channel Guide:
- Gives an overview of deployed Smart City IoT projects/products and the companies that have created them.
- Lists out a range of available smartphone apps for major cities and their features.
Smart City Vendors
Libelium is a hardware provider offering sensors, motes and gateways along with cloud integration partners.
Kiunsys offers solutions for smart city parking, payments and logistics.
Placemeter is an open urban intelligence platform. Create your account to automatically quantify pedestrian and vehicular movement for a selected...
Enevo provides a waste management solution.
Wearables / Citizen Data Sharing
"TZOA uses internal sensors to measure your air quality, temperature, humidity, atmospheric pressure, ambient light and UV (sun) exposure all in one wearable device. "
"We help Cities track their greenhouse gas emissions in realtime and monetize their reductions with Carbon Pricing Instruments."
Smart Street Lighting
"BestMile offers an ecosystem to manage autonomous vehicle fleets: a fleet management software, a smartphone application, a system for traveler information and solutions for the control of smart infrastructure."
"INES App, a product of Kiunsys, is full stack solution to deal with all aspects of parking including high level tools for management and analytics software down to street level occupation sensors and enforcing tools."
"We collect and analyze in real-time raw signals from multiple smartphone sensors in order to determine and predict the user mobility status "
"The company's software platform maps and visualizes the torrent of data produced by modern cities to an intuitive real-time 3D simulation that anyone from the mayor to the engineer in the field can easily use."
- G Element
"Solomon is a growing ecosystem of hyperlocal technologies, easily combined to create powerful tools and projects for use on the web."
Smart City Case Study Projects
Urban-scale sensor and embedded systems pilot project. Brought to you by @UrbanCCD
Official website of Stephen Wolfram: Founder & CEO of Wolfram Research, creator of Mathematica & Wolfram|Alpha, author of A New Kind of Science
This website documents the work, ideas and experiments of artist and designer Dominic Wilcox
AirCasting is a platform for recording, mapping, and sharing health and environmental data using your smartphone.
TZOA is a wearable enviro-tracker that monitors air pollution and UV
exposure to help you stay healthy and explore your environment.
Hi-Park offered a smart parking solution using a mobile phone app.
Compology offers a waste management solution.
- Improve My City
"The application enables citizens to report local problems such as potholes, illegal trash dumping, faulty street lights, broken tiles on sidewalks, and illegal advertising boards. "
US Department of Transportation: Smart City Challenge
- European Innovation Partnership on Smart Cities and Communities (EIP-SCC)
- Smart Cities Information System
- Barcelona: http://smartcity.bcn.cat/en
- Ministry of Urban Development | Smart Cities Mission
- Good cities, not just smart cities | Daniele Quercia
- Conference Videos: Desiging Smart Cities: Opportunities and Regulatory Challenges | 3/31/2015
- FAB 10: Smart City States | Bruce Sterling | 7/15/2014
- The Street as Platform 2050 | Dan Hill | 5/24/2016
- IT Law Community: The Promise and Perils of Smart Cities | Rob Kitchin | 8/6/2015
- Guardian: We can’t allow the tech giants to rule smart cities | Paul Mason | 10/25/2015
- How We Get To Next: Give Us Smarter Cities, Block by Block | Scott Smith | 9/31/2015
Can Engineers Build Inclusive Smart Cities? | Dr. Anthony Townsend | 1/12/2015
Urban Omnibus: Against the Smart City | Adam Greenfield | 11/23/2013
- Open Knowldedge: Open Public Data: Then What? | Daniel Kaplan | 1/28/2011
The Hackable City: A Research Manifesto and Design Toolkit | Cristina Ampatzidou, Matthijs Bouw, Froukje van de Klundert, Michiel de Lange, Martijn de Waal | 1/2016
- Smart Citizen, Smarter State | Beth Simone Noveck 11/2015
- The Responsive City | Stephen Goldsmith and Susan Crawford | 9/2014
- Smart Cities: Big Data, Civic Hackers, and the Quest for a New Utopia | Anthony Townsend | 10/7/2013
- Global Smart City and Community Coalition - GSC3
- New Urban Mechanics
- City Protocol
"The goal of City Protocol is to define an interoperable city platform, which will allow cities to communicate and operate across silos and across communities, spawning an ecosystem of solution development and innovation."