Top Smart Irrigation Sprinkler Controllers
Compare the top smart sprinkler systems for your lawn and garden. Decrease water use and remotely monitor and control zones from your Android or iOS phone using Wifi or Ethernet Connectivity.
Smart sprinklers and irrigation controllers can simplify home lawn and garden care, reduce water consumption, and help farmers get the most out of their crops.
Instead of fixed timers, these systems draw on data from sensors, weather forecasts and plant-care databases to determine watering needs and deliver just enough moisture at just the right time. Lower your water bill, and check up on your plants from anywhere in the world using mobile and web apps.
The following Channel Guide will help you:
- Determine which connectivity type you need (WiFi or GSM Cellular)
- Get app reviews, and see if the box integrates with your other smart home system.
- Filter based on number of available zones and integration with smart moisture sensors.
Off-the-Shelf Sprinklers & Irrigation Controllers
"Saving Water, Going Green"
- 7-inch full color screen
- 16 Zone Support (Expandable to 52)
- Built-in temperature sensor and optional rain sensor support
- WiFi Connectivity
"Blossom makes your sprinklers smarter."
- Supports up to 12 Zones
- Automatically builds a smart watering schedule based on your location, weather patterns and vegetation.
- Powerline Bridge or Wifi Connectivity
"Web-enabled (Wifi) Irrigation Controller"
- Models for 8, 16 and 24 Zones (Supports up to 64)
- WiFi and Ethernet Connectivity (Optional Cellular support)
- NOAA weather forecast integration
"Control, Save, Enjoy"
- Integrations with PlanLink, Parrot, Koubachi, Netatmo weather and TORO® Precision soil moisture sensor
- 6 irrigation zones Supports 24VAC valves
- Integrates with Echo, IFTTT, Nest, Cresteon, Muzzley
- Support for 10 Zones (11 if the master is disabled) and is expandable to 43 zones
- WiFi and Ethernet Connectivity
- 1 Rain Sensor Port and 1 Flow Sensor Port
"Sprinklers just got a lot easier"
- Supports up to 20 zones
- WiFi & Bluetooth Connectivity
- Automatically adjusts your watering schedule based on current and upcoming weather
"The world leader in innovative and high-quality home improvement products."
- Live weather feed and auto-adjusting capabilities
- WiFi Connectivity
- Complete control at the timer (Even without Wifi)
- Indoor/outdoor locking cabinet
"Change the way you water"
- Auto weather adjustments
- WiFi Connectivity (Works with Echo, Nest, Wink, others)
- Get alerts when schedule changes..
"The Forecast Sprinkler."
- 6.5" touchscreen display
- WiFi Connectivity
- Location based weather forecast (NOAA) with auto adjustment - EPA WaterSense Certified
"Home irrigation, evolved."
- WiFi Connectivity (Stand-alone or connect via SmartThings Hub)
- Moisture sensor integration included
- Uses both soil moisture sensors and weather/evapotranspiration prediction
DIY & Open-Source Sprinklers & Irrigation Controllers
If you prefer to get your hands dirty, try building a home-grown smart irrigation system. Here are a few projects that will walk you through the process.
- A GSM-based Arduino remote controller for an irrigation system by Stavros Korokithakis
- Smart Garden Drip Irrigation by Charles Swger "Timer for watering the garden on a flexible, web set schedule that compensates for weather forecasts of rain and existing soil moisture."
- Smart Agriculture System with IoT by KRISHNARAJ V "Way of Irrigating the land with the use of IoT solution and it notify landowner when the percentage of moisture levels decreases below 30%."
- SprinklerAce "controls your EtherRain, OpenSprinkler, and IrrigationCaddy web-enabled sprinkler controllers. Use your iPhone or iPad to remotely start and stop zones/stations on any number of controllers, from indoors or outdoors. Ideal for trouble-shooting irrigation system problems."
Smart Soil Sensors & Accessories
Parrot designs, develops and markets consumer products for smartphones and tablets as well as high technology solutions in Automotive and UAV...
Plant Care Assistant for your home and garden - tells you when and how to care for your plants.
An even easier way to grow your own healthy, hearty plants.
Stand alone moisture sensor for use with Spruce Controller or Smartthings Hub.
Commercial Smart Irrigation Controllers
Property managers and farmers with more land to cover may be interested in these larger-scale smart irrigation systems.