IoT Smart Farming
Filter and discover IoT Agriculture Resources. View smart farm case studies, sensor applications and potential resource and labor saving dashboards, tools and apps.
The following Channel Guide will help you:
- Better understand the opportunities of and resource savings og using wireless sensors and remotely monitoring devices on your farm.
- Filter and compare IoT Ag data platform vendors and alerting services.
Farmobile listens to farmers to deliver an approach to Ag data they love. Our approach makes it simple for farmers to connect, collect, and protect...
OnFarm combines a comprehensive array of agriculture data from hardware and information providers into a single management and decision-making...
tracks your mental experience
CropX is an ag-analytics company that has developed the world’s most advanced adaptive irrigation service, which automatically optimizes irrigation,...
- Semios: "Connect frost, leaf-wetness, soil moisture and pest pressure sensors customized to your orchard."
Robotics / Material Handling
- Harvest AI - "Scalable and flexible systems for material handling and data management in a range of industrial environments"
- DroneSeed - "DroneSeed offers full lifecycle services for forestry management. From planting to harvesting, we help our customers maximize the value of their forestland. An efficient, cost-competitive fleet of drones reduces reliance on manual labor."
- Farmeron - "Farmeron gives you meaningful statistics and actionable production reports which will guide your farm decision making. Learn what parts of your production cycle are underperforming and act to improve them, right away! "
- Anemon - "Our company develops embedded systems and server applications for the transmission and monitoring of biomedical parameters of livestock. Typical monitored data are the body temperature, the animal activity, tissues resistivity, pulse and the GPS position."
- eCow - We make a rumen bolus that measures pH and temperature every minute of every day, accurately, for up to 5 months.
"The quality of asparagus depends heavily on the temperature of the ground in which it’s grown. To control the temperature, farmers use a two-sided sheet of foil: the black side draws in sunlight to increase the heat of the asparagus bed, and the white side reflects light to cool the bed down. In order to make the right “black or white” decision, the farmer needs to measure the temperature of every field at least once each evening. That’s where we come in. Our IoT system frequently measures the temperatures of the bed at different levels and stores the data in the cloud. Then we provide this information plus additional analysis in a front-end interface, accessible anywhere, anytime."
TCS to help farmers detect crop diseasesFarmers in Uttar Pradesh and Punjab will be able to detect late blight disease in this season's potato crop through mobile phones, thanks to Tata Consultancy Services. In a pilot project being run by the IT major across a few villages in these states for the past two years, agricultural experts are able to gauge the crop's susceptibility to disease based on soil and weather (humidity, temperature and rainfall) parameters.
The agri-experts gather the information from a wireless sensor network spread across the farms and are able to determine the disease risk. "Now we will introduce a mobile application that will involve farmers in disease detection," says Dr Bhushan Jagyasi, a scientist at the TCS Innovation Lab in Mumbai. - Full Article
- BBC: Kenyan farmer lauds internet as saviour of potato crop
- IICD: Smart Phones Assist Farmers in Zambia in Faster Organic Certification
- Chile: wireless sensor irrigation cuts water use in blueberry production
- Gigaom: The Internet of things, stalk by stalk - 11/2013
- VB: Surprise: Agriculture is doing more with IoT Innovation than most other industries - 12/2014
- The Guardian: The internet of food: why your steak might have come from a connected cow - 9/2015
- NYTimes: The Internet of Things and the Future of Farming - 9/3/2015
- Popsci: Let The Robots And Iphones Tend The CropsCheap, Networked Technology Is Transforming Agriculture Cheap, Networked Technology Is Transforming Agriculture - Taylor Dobbs - 9/22/2015
- Postscapes Interview: Smart Farming Dashboards: 11 Questions with Lance Donny the Founder and CEO of OnFarm
- FarmersJournal - Farmer writes: Smart farming and the internet-of-things - 1/2016
Research / Reports
- Beecham Research: Towards Smart Farming: Agriculture Embracing the IoT Vision - 2015 ($2600)
- Internet of Food and Farm 2020 - Harald Sundmaeker, C.N. Verdouw, Sjaak Wolfert, Pérez-Freire - 12/2015
- Virtualization of food supply chains with the internet of things - 5/2016
- How IoT is changing the agribusiness landscape - Sjaak Wolfert 6/2016