Compare locks based on price, integrations and features.
The Danalock V3 is a stylish and powerful smart lock for its price bracket, with a range of pleasing features and native integration with most Smart Home systems if you get the Z-Wave or Zigbee enabled versions.
How does the lock connect?The Danalock V3 uses Bluetooth, Wi-Fi Via Bridge/Hub, Z-Wave Plus, and Zigbee to connect.
ECOSYSTEMSAlexa Support?: Available
Google Assistant Support?: No
Siri & Homekit Support?: Available
Smart Watch Support? No
Out of the box IntegrationsDanabridge V3, Danalock Danapad V3, VeraEdge, VeraPlus, Wink Hub 2, and Samsung SmartThings Hub 3rd Generation
Integrations available with an add-on deviceAmazon Echo Plus
DOOR COMPATIBILITYWhat type of door lock mechanisms does the Danalock V3 support?
Features & Specs
Model Number 01032001
- Four tailored versions for integration with popular smart home hubs: HomeKit & Bluetooth, Z-Wave & Bluetooth, Zigbee & Bluetooth, and Bluetooth-only.
- Simple installation and calibration, with extensive documentation to speed things up.
- A range of smart features including auto-unlock, twist assist, and geofencing
- Estimated 12 months battery life.
- Can be paired with the Danapad, a manual keypad enabling keyless entry for visitors – without downloading an app.
- Remote locking with versions that have Z-Wave or Zigbee and future integration with their to be released DanaBridge.
Exterior Door View
- No remote controlling options, though this should be corrected when the Danabridge V3 Plug launches this year.
- No native compatibility with Google Home or Amazon Alexa.
- Loud noise during locking and unlocking.
- Homekit version does not support auto-unlock or digital key sharing features.
Apps / Voice Commands
Alexa Support?: Yes , the Danalock V3 supports Alexa with the following commands
Requirements: Alexa control is enabled only when using the Danalock with Zigbee or Z-Wave Plus smart home hub.
Siri / Apple Homekit Support?: Yes, the Danalock V3 supports Apple's Homekit with Siri voice commands
Simple integrations of unlock and lock. Codes and other advanced lock features are not supported.
For smart home integration, requires an Apple TV (tvOS 10.0 or later) or an iPad (iOS 9.0 or later) set up as a home hub.
Unboxing and Installation
Whats in the box.
What tools do I need to install this lock?
You will need Philips screwdriver, Masking Tape to install Danalock V3
What are the locks dimensions?
The Danalock V3 is 2.8 x 2.5 x 2.5 in size.
The Danalock V3 is a good all-rounder in the smart lock game. There are four versions (Homekit, Z-Wave, Zigbee, and Bluetooth-only) so you can align it with your smart home setup. It takes 10 minutes to install, and the auto-unlock and twist-assist features make it feel truly ‘smart’. Danalock supports unlimited occupants and users can share digital keys to grant temporary access to visitors.
Unfortunately, the auto-unlock and digital keys features remain unavailable on the Homekit version. Combined with reports of inconsistent performance from buyers, the Danalock V3 falls just below our top-tier recommendations.
How do the different Danalock V3 models compare?
The Postscapes Team is here to help you keep your home and family safely connected. Whether you’re looking to pick a smart lock system, we’ve spent hundreds of hours researching locks to help you find the best product to fit your specific situation.
At Postscapes we combine our years of experience following the smart home market along with user reviews to take the guesswork out of living securely connected. Learn More