Compare locks based on price, integrations and features.
The Schlage Sense app is a well equipped smart lock that comes out of the box with Bluetooth connectivity, Homekit support and the well reviewed Schlage Home app for control.
How does the lock connect?The Schlage Sense uses Apple Homekit, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi Via Bridge/Hub to connect.
ECOSYSTEMSAlexa Support?: Available
Google Assistant Support?: Available
Siri & Homekit Support?: Available
Smart Watch Support? No
Integrations available with an add-on deviceAmazon Cloud Cam, Amazon Echo Plus, Samsung SmartThings Hub 2nd Generation, and Samsung SmartThings Hub 3rd Generation
DOOR COMPATIBILITYWhat type of door lock mechanisms does the Schlage Sense support?
Features & Specs
Model Number BE479AA
- This model has a wide range of finish and style options.
- Has been a very popular model in terms of number of units sold and still maintains a large number of positive reviews.
- Users praise an easy install process (15-20 minutes being the average)
- Homekit/Siri support out of the box if you are in Bluetooth range and can be controlled remotely if you have an Apple TV or HomePod.
Exterior Door View
- If you want voice control or remote monitoring or management you will have to pair the lock with an additional Wi-Fi adapter as this only has Bluetooth connectivity.
- If you use the Wi-Fi adapter you will lose Siri/Homekit compatability.
Apps / Voice Commands
Alexa Support?: Yes , the Schlage Sense supports Alexa with the following commands
Note: You must purchase the additional Wi-Fi adapter for these to work with your Schlage Sense lock
Google Assistant & Nest Support?: Yes, the Schlage Sense supports Google Assistant with the following commands
Note: These only work when you add the additional Wifi hub accessory to your purchase.
- “Is the front door locked?”
- “Lock the front door”
Siri / Apple Homekit Support?: Yes, the Schlage Sense supports Apple's Homekit with Siri voice commands
You can use Siri to command the deadbolt to lock and unlock or check the status of your lock. Here are a few common examples: “Siri, lock/unlock my door.” “Siri, is my door unlocked?”
Unboxing and Installation
Whats in the box.
The Schlage Sense is a popular lock on the market for its Siri and Homekit support and wide range of style and finish options.
There is some confusing marketing in terms of what it connects with.
If you want Siri/Homekit support:
– This lock will work out of the box if you are in Bluetooth range. If you are looking for remote monitoring and control you will need to have an Apple TV or Homepod
If you want Alexa or Google Assistant voice control:
– This will not work out of the box.
– You will need to add a Wifi adapter to your purchase to enable these connectivity and control options if you are away from your home.
The Sense lock utilizes the iOS and Android Schlage Home apps so if you have either the Apple TV/HomePod setup or the Wi-fi adapter you can use the app to add and remove access codes, lock and unlock the door etc.
Overall many of the bad reviews for this product have come from people who were confused about what the lock was capable on its own without additional devices. If you are aware of these going in the Schlage Sense lock offers a solid smart lock option at a mid-range price point.
How do the different versions of the Schlage Sense stack up to each other?
The Postscapes Team is here to help you keep your home and family safely connected. Whether you’re looking to pick a smart lock system, we’ve spent hundreds of hours researching locks to help you find the best product to fit your specific situation.
At Postscapes we combine our years of experience following the smart home market along with user reviews to take the guesswork out of living securely connected. Learn More