Compare locks based on price, integrations and features.
The Lockly Secure smart lock offers tight security and a range of backup access options in a robust offline package. The lock employs encrypted Bluetooth (and add-on Wifi Hub), patented touchscreen scrambling software, fingerprint access models along with offline time-restricted code assignment.
How does the lock connect?The Lockly (pin genie) Secure uses Bluetooth and Wi-Fi Via Bridge/Hub to connect.
ECOSYSTEMSAlexa Support?: Available
Google Assistant Support?: Available
Siri / Homekit Support?: No
Smart Watch Support? No
Integrations available with an add-on deviceAmazon Echo Plus and Nest Thermostat
DOOR COMPATIBILITYWhat type of door lock mechanisms does the Lockly (pin genie) Secure support?
Features & Specs
Model Number PGD728SN
- Users can send time-restricted codes via text or email to grant guest access.
- The patented Pin Genie digital touchscreen scrambles codes so prying eyes can’t detect your code.
- The lock comes with a backup 9v battery for use in the case of battery failure.
- ‘Do not disturb’ mode disables the access keypad at any time.
- Suitable for outdoor use and is proven to work between 4 and 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Fingerprint access for up to 99 users.
Exterior Door View
- The touch screen can be difficult to view in direct sunlight, especially with scrambled layouts.
- The smartphone app can be a little tricky.
- Poor customer service means that problems can take a long time to resolve.
- Need additional Wifi hub for remote locking and integration with Alexa and Google Home.
Apps / Voice Commands
Alexa Support?: Yes , the Lockly (pin genie) Secure supports Alexa with the following commands
- “Alexa, lock the front door”
- “Alexa, unlock the front door”
- “Alexa, is the front door locked?”
- “Alexa, is the front door unlocked?”
Needs additional Wifi Hub to get Alexa integration.
Google Assistant & Nest Support?: Yes, the Lockly (pin genie) Secure supports Google Assistant with the following commands
- “Hey Google, lock my front door.”
- “Hey Google, unlock my front door.”
- “Hey Google, is the front door locked?”
Needs additional Wifi Hub to get Google Assistant integration.
Unboxing and Installation
Whats in the box.
The Lockly Secure lock keeps things simple, with all the no-frills features that a smart lock needs. While it boasts fewer accessibility features than some rival products, the product is more reliable and secure than most.
Connection to the lock is via Bluetooth – not WiFi out of the box (you will need to add a Wifi bridge to get these capabilities)- but users can also use access codes or the hard keys which come with the lock.
Lockly also boasts tremendous battery life, but provides a backup 9V battery for emergency use.
At its mid-range price point, this smart lock performs extremely well, without the bugs and problematic performance of most rivals and with a large range of features that competitors are missing.
Your first decision with the Lockly product link is to choose between Handle or Deadbolt replacement then if you need the fingerprint access feature (These are called Lockly Plus)
The Postscapes Team is here to help you keep your home and family safely connected. Whether you’re looking to pick a smart lock system, we’ve spent hundreds of hours researching locks to help you find the best product to fit your specific situation.
At Postscapes we combine our years of experience following the smart home market along with user reviews to take the guesswork out of living securely connected. Learn More