Best WiFi and Bluetooth Smart Garage Door Openers
Find and compare the best wireless garage door kit. Remotely control access to your garage from your Android or iPhone.
The wireless garage door opener is far older than the Internet, but today's connected technologies have added new capabilities for monitoring and sharing access to your garage from anywhere in the world.
With the help of mobile apps, not only will your smartphone replace your garage's remote control, but you'll also get reminders when you've left the door open, easily manage who can access your garage, get notifications whenever the door is used, set rules for automatic opening and closing, and even monitor the garage via webcam.
The following Channel Guide will help you:
- Determine which connectivity type you need? (WiFi, Bluetooth, or Cellular)
- Get app reviews, and see if the lock can integrate with your smart home hub and other connected devices.
- Filter based on monthly fees, or if the opener has electronic key pad and code capability.
Smart Garage Door Openers
These garage door openers offer built-in connectivity. Replace your old door opener unit to enjoy all the benefits of an Internet-enabled garage.
"Your garage. Your smartphone. Together at last. #smarthome #smartgarage"
- Use your existing garage door opener and smartphone
- No Monthly Costs
- Amazon Echo Integration
"Seeing is believing."
- No Monthly Fee
- Video streaming
- Night vision infrared lights
- Control up to two garage doors
"We are Made to Make"
- Works with Craftsman Openers
- No service fees
- Wireless Connectivity (Via included Ethernet hub that attaches to your home router)
- Receive notification when the status of your garage door changes
""Smartphone Companion for Your Garage Doors""
- Support for up to two openers
- Receive real-time notifications and guest access
- No monthly fees - Installation takes less than five minutes
- Pebble Watch App6, SmartThings and openHab integration
- Wifi Enabled
- Originally Crowdfunded
"Open, close and monitor your garage from your Smartphone."
- Video Monitoring (Subscription Required)
- Share and control the access to your garage door from a single app.
- Wireless garage door sensor includes temperature and battery indicators
"Monitor, open or close your garage door from anywhere with the MyQ® App and never look back again!"
- Add a Liftmaster GarageDoor that is WiFi enabled or Retrofit an existing garage door
- Alerts can be received as email or pop-up (push) notifications on your mobile device, ensuring the status of the garage door.
- Security+ 2.0® safeguards garage access – with every click a new code is sent to the garage door opener ensuring the door does not inadvertently open.
- Monitor the door position (open or closed) and any change through the Aladdin Connect app or manually
- One Door Control Module controls up to three doors
- Access Open and Close History
- SmartThings Sensors - "You’ll need a Z-Wave outlet, a SmartThings multi-sensor, a presence sensor, and the “Ridiculously Automated Garage Door SmartApp”. Put the presence sensor in your car, the multi-sensor in your garage to detect movement, and use the Z-Wave outlet to act as a relay control."
DIY & Open-Source Smart Garage Door Openers
Upgrading your garage doesn't have to mean replacing the mechanism that opens and closes your garage door. DIY solutions can add remote access and cloud connectivity features to older hardware.
- Brent Nycum Hacking My Garage With A Raspberry Pi (3/23/2013)
- Arduino Uno/Vera Garage Controller Instructable by Aramperez
- XBee Garage Door (last update 1/12/2012)
- PC Remote Garage Door
- LinuxFocus.org Smartphone garage door opener
- Brad Fitz: Android Garage Door Opener
- Plastibots - IoT Garage Door Monitor/Opener with Finger Print Scanner
- Spark Particle DIY Garage Door by David Gatti
Protocol-Specific Smart Garage Door Openers
These smart garage door openers are specific to a single company's smart-home ecosystem or wireless protocol. They're not as flexible as standalone options, but they do offer easy integration if you're willing to invest (or have already invested) in a unified smart-home solution.