Best Key Finder Tags
Compare the best wireless key finders. Stop theft, get proximity alerts, and locate your lost items from your Android or iOS smartphone...
Ever wanted to give yourself a “real-world search bar” to easily find misplaced items, like keys and TV remotes? Now you can, with location sensors that attach to your stuff as key fobs or stick-on tags.
These simple devices use short-range signals like Bluetooth to digitally tether critical items to your smartphone. You’ll get an instant alert if you start to leave something behind, and a mobile app will guide you back toward the wayward object. Many devices can chirp, beep, bleat or otherwise make noise to reveal their location, and some even feature GPS and an independent cellular data connection to report their location from just about anywhere on Earth.
The following Channel Guide will help you:
- Determine which connectivity type you need for best tracking and coverage (WiFi, Bluetooth, or GSM Cellular)
- Get app reviews, and see if the finder app can work with your Android or iPhone.
- Filter based on monthly fees, or if the item tracker has additional social or alert features.
Item Finder Product Spotlight
Duet by Protag
- Replacable CR2016 Coin Battery (Up to 6 months of battery life)
- Range Up to 100 feet (30 metres) with Bluetooth 4
- Duet requires BLE enabled phones running at least iOS 7 or Android 4.3.
- The TrackR app displays the distance between you and your items - Bluetooth Range 100 feet
- Item Ringer and phone finder using button
- Replaceable CR1620 battery that lasts up to 1 year.
- Recode: 4/1/2015 TrackR vs. Tile: The Lost-and-Found Face-Off - Winner: TrackR Bravo
- WallSt Journal: 6/17/2014 Finding the Best Lost-Item Trackers: Tile, TrackR and Duet Reviewed -Winner: TrackR & Tile
- MobileSyrup: 1/26/2016 Chipolo vs. TrackR vs. Tile vs. Wuvo: The ultimate tracking device showdown - Winner: Chipolo
- Wirecutter: 6/11/2016 The Best Bluetooth Tracker - Winner: Tile
- Most love from around the Web: Tile and Trackr Bravo
- Largest Communities: Tile (2+ million shipped) and Trackr Bravo (1.5M Shipped)
- Cheapest option with decent reviews: Geckone $9 on Amazon with 4/5 Rating (98 Reviews) and Nonda iHear $15.99with 3/5 and 399 Reviews
- inSite: $39.95
- Lasso Tag: $19.99
- Wireless Sensor Tags: $19
- iMpulse Key Finder: $25 (Pre-order)
- Jayster: $35
- Button Trackr: $25 (Pre-Order)
- GateKeeper Chain: $35 (Pre-Order)
- Hiro: $24.99
- iAlerttag: $49.99
- Cube Tracker
- Wuvo (Pre-order $29.95)
- Motorola KeyLink $8.99
- HTC Fetch $24.99
- Nut Smart Tag: $24.99
- HidnSeek: $139 (GPS and Sigfox network)
Cut your utility bills, avoid a flooding disaster and water your lawn only when it needs it...
10 Most Useful Smart Home Gadgets
Open Source / DIY Tag
Looking to roll-up your sleeves or create a more personalized alert system for yourself?
RuuviTag is an advanced sensor beacon platform designed to fulfill needs of both makers and developers. The device can act as a standard Eddystone...
The SimpleLink™ SensorTag allows quick and easy prototyping of IoT devices. It just works – connect your sensor solution to the cloud in three...
Long Range Tracker Tags
Looking for something that gives you greater tracking distance than just what Wifi or Bluetooth can provide? Try these options out.