Bluetooth and Wifi Smart Bathroom Body Scales
Find and compare smart body scales, including consumer options and DIY projects. Quickly narrow your choices based on integrations, price and app reviews.
The bathroom scale has become an important data point in the trend toward consumer-level health and fitness tracking. Many wellness-focused tech companies now make scales that automatically share weight, BMI and other vital stats with mobile apps to give an improved picture of the user's overall health. And if the retail options don't measure up, you can easily make your own connected scale.
This Channel Guide will help you:
- Determine which wireless connectivity type you will need (Bluetooth vs. Wi-Fi).
- Explore DIY totorials and project examples using Arduino or Raspberry Pi.
- Compare features between consumer body scales, including integrations with fitness trackers and other smart home hubs.
These smart scales measure not just weight and BMI, but heart rate, indoor air quality, and other health markers. Combine the data with other fitness-monitoring products or services like Fitbit or Apple's HealthKit to get a comprehensive view of your own wellbeing.
The Fitbit Aria WiFi Smart Scale tracks your weight, body mass index (BMI), lean mass and body fat percentage, while connecting to your home’s WiFi network. These results are displayed in simple graphs and charts to track progress and they can be accessed via the Fitbit app. and dashboard. So while it connects to your Fitbit wirelessly, you don’t need the device to track results. The scale can recognize up to eight different people and maintain data private. You can get it for under $100. But while the design is sleek and elegant, some users argue it can lead to wear-and-tear over time. Thus, taking good care of the machine and following instructions would be essential.
- WiFi Connectivity
- Track weight, body mass index (BMI), lean mass & body fat percentage
- Works with up to 8 users and integrates with Fitbit data
- Heart rate measurement and indoor air quality tracking
- WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity
- Track your weight and body composition (BMI)
- Works with Apple Health
- WiFi and Bluetooth Connectivity
- Multi-user and Weight, BMI, % body fat, muscle, bone, water composition data
DIY & Open Source Smart Scales
Ready to hack your own smart scale using an Arduino or Raspberry Pi? Check out these projects and tutorials to get started building a DIY scale with wireless connectivity, and learn how to integrate the data with fitness-tracking apps.