Smart Home Assistant / Connected Product Apps
Looking for a single app to manage all of your connected devices?
The equation of one app required for every connected device you own not adding up anymore?
Below we take a look at an emerging number of smart home apps that integrate with a multiple connected products and allow you to set rules and workflows to manage them based on grouping actions, sensor readings, and your previous interactions with the devices.
The following guide will:
- Help narrow down based on specific integrations
- See app reviews for Apple Itunes/iOS and Android
- Drill down on what products are compatible with each smartphone app
Smart Home App Comparison Guide
Who stands out with the best user interface and rules engines?
- Manage all of your connected devices in one place
- Drag & Drop Flow Builder
- Popular Flows
- Wide Range of Compatible Devices
- Safety records, indexes of consumption, graphs and statistics
- Multi-user support and "Quick Scenarios"
- Create smart Routines for every room.
- Yonomi works with Amazon Echo, Sonos, Philips Hue, LIFX, Nest, and more.
- Yonomi works with all your favorite smart home manufacturers
Simple One to One Apps
These apps unify your different smart home products into one app, but generally lack more advanced features like linking rule-sets together
"Save time and control your world by connecting DO Button to Philips Hue, LIFX, Google Drive, Nest Thermostat, WeMo, Twitter, Evernote, Slack, and hundreds of apps and devices you use every day."
myHome Plus controls entire home in one app, full-feature supporting all Apple HomeKit accessories, Nest Thermostat, Nest Protect, Nest Cam, WeMo Switch, WeMo Insight, WeMo Light Switch, and WeMo Motion; and makes the days of switching apps to control different products over.
With ImperiHome, control your home automation systems and connected objects from a single and highly customizable interface.
These connected home apps are tied to one device or hub at their core and have various levels of sophistication in terms of rules engines, schedule based interactions, etc
Pre-order / Coming Soon
Voice Control Focused
Mosaic allows you to control both your smart devices and workflows through talk, chat and type platforms.
DIY and Open Source
The open Home Automation Bus (openHAB) project aims at providing a universal integration platform for all things around home automation. It is...
Mycroft uses open software to process natural language, determine your intent and take action.
- Recode: Who is best positioned to build a smart home assistant? 8/2016