Smart Home Assistant / Connected Product Apps
Looking for a single app to manage all of your connected devices?
June 4, 2018
The equation of one app required for every connected device you own not adding up anymore?
Below we take a look at an emerging number of smart home apps that integrate with a multiple connected products and allow you to set rules and workflows to manage them based on grouping actions, sensor readings, and your previous interactions with the devices.
The following guide will:
- Help narrow down based on specific integrations
- See app reviews for Apple Itunes/iOS and Android
- Drill down on what products are compatible with each smartphone app
Smart Home App Comparison Guide
Who stands out with the best user interface and rules engines?
Cut your utility bills, avoid a flooding disaster and water your lawn only when it needs it...
10 Most Useful Smart Home Gadgets
Simple One to One Apps
These apps unify your different smart home products into one app, but generally lack more advanced features like linking rule-sets together.
myHome Plus controls entire home in one app, full-feature supporting all Apple HomeKit accessories, Nest Thermostat, Nest Protect, Nest Cam, WeMo Switch, WeMo Insight, WeMo Light Switch, and WeMo Motion; and makes the days of switching apps to control different products over.
These connected home apps are tied to one device or hub at their core and have various levels of sophistication in terms of rules engines, schedule based interactions, etc
- SmartThings (Google Play, Itunes)
- Samsung Smart Home (Google Play, Itunes)
- Amazon Alexa (Google Play, Itunes)
- Insteon (Google Play, Itunes)
- Sentri (Google Play, Itunes)
- Honeywell Total Connect (Google Play, Itunes)
- Wink Hub (Google Play, Itunes)
- Alarm.com (Google Play, Itunes)
Pre-order / Coming Soon
Voice Control Focused
DIY and Open Source
Home Assistant is an open-source home automation platform running on Python 3. Track and control all devices at home and automate control....