IoT DIY Projects Handbook
Discover innovative DIY IoT projects - Project ideas, tutorials and kits for beginners and experts alike
The following Channel Guide will help you:
- Provide project ideas and glimpses into ways others are using connectivity in their latest projects.
- Filter based on platform type: Arduino, Raspi and other available options.
- Get details on how to manage and control your project using smartphone apps.
Quickly connect and control your Raspberry Pi from a mobile app - add rules and triggers on top of sensors
Looking for some step-by-step instructions and code samples? The following projects will walk you through their development.
IoT DIY Home
Weather / Garden
- ESP8266 WeatherStation with IFTTT and HomeKit support | Aditya Tannu | 1/1/2016
- Instructable: Easy IoT weather station with multiple sensors (NodeMCU) | Ingenerare
- Hackster: AWS IoT Remote Soil Moisture Monitor | Nathan Heskew } 2/2/2016
Instructable: DIY Moisture Sensor With Intel Galileo by charlesm29
IoT DIY Buttons
Use these projects to tie the physical button to online services and connected product actions.
- Familab: Hacking the Amazon Dash Button to Make a Simple, Cheap, IoT | David Sikes | 2/1/2016
- Hackster: ESP8266 IFTTT Easy Button | Noel Portugal | 8/17/2015
- Simpleiothings: $10 DIY Wifi Smart Button (ESP8266)
- IoT Button using an Adafruit Huzzah or Sparkfun Thing, a push button and the IFTTT Maker Channel | Garth Vander Houwen
- Open Source Thermostat (Particle)
- Element14: IoT Alarm Clock | Frederick Vandenbosch | 5/82014
- Helian Systems: ESP8266 IoT Toothbrush
- Particle Projects
- Electric Imp Projects
- UDOO Hackster Projects
- BeagleBoard Hackster Projects
- Arduino IoT Project Hub
Cloud Platform Specific
- PubNub IoT Project Tutorials
- Carriots Projects
- AWS Hackster Projects
- Microsoft IoT Hackster Projects
- Ubidots Hackster Projects
- Intel IoT Instructables Page
- InitialState IoT DIY Projects
- Temboo IoT Applications
- SmartLiving Hackster Projects
- IFTTT Projects
- ThingSpeak Hackster Projects
From apps to connect your Arduino or Raspi to cloud platforms to manage their streaming data.
Kits & Products
Looking for something a little more ready-made? These kits and plug and play sensor products will get you running quickly.
Books & Websites
Just starting out? Use these books to guide you from beginner projects to advanced IoT projects.
Look to these completed projects to spark your next project idea.