IoT Sensors and Actuators
Explore IoT smart sensor and actuator solution providers. Compare types and technical requirements and protocols across market industries.
Arduino / DIY sensors
Looking for some plug and play sensor platforms? Or some easy to use standalone sensors and actuators?
ELEGOO ARDUINO SENSOR KIT
$29.99 --- ELEGOO Upgraded 37 in 1 Sensor Modules Kit 100% compatible with Arduino IDE UNO R3 MEGA2560 Nano (along with with Raspberry PI and STM32 without tutorials though)
GROVE - STARTER KIT FOR ARDUINO
$49.90 - Includes a base shield along with a sound, touch, temp, light and rotary angle sensor.
GROVEPI+ BASE KIT
$89.99 - The Base Kit includes the GrovePi board and 12 Grove sensors (Sound, Temp and humidity, light, ultrasonic, rotart angle) so you can build...
LORA SENSOR KIT
€ 299.00 - "The Kit includes everything you need to get started with new IoT networks. It consists of a powerful Arduino computer, LoRa Radio and...
Raspberry Pi Smart Sensor Kits
- SunFounder - 37 Module Kit $96
Projects / Organizations
- Public Lab
"A community where you can learn how to investigate environmental concerns. Using inexpensive DIY techniques, we seek to change how people see the world in environmental, social, and political terms."
DIY Smart Sensor Projects
- Instructable: Easy IoT weather station with multiple sensors | Ingenerare
IoT Sensor Manufacturers
Construction / Buildings
- Smart Structures: Concrete bridge and foundation sensors
- SMARTEC: Structural health monitoring sensors
- SENSR: Structural health
Smart Data Centers / Server Monitoring
Smart Label Sensors
IoT Sensor Data Platforms
Sensor List and Protocols
- OGC SensorThings API is an OGC standard specification for providing an open and unified way to interconnect IoT devices, data, and applications over the Web.
- XEP-0323: Internet of Things - Sensor Data: Sensor data interchange over XMPP networks
- IETF: SenML Media Types for Sensor Markup Language
Market Size / Business
- IHS Technology: High-Value MEMS Report - 2015
for the Internet of Things Businesses & Market Trends 2014 - 2024 (PDF)
Moti is a new platform for easily building things that move. It consists of smart motors that are accessible from a web browser. There, you can...
- The Internet of Things and Sensors and Actuators by Vint Cerf at LISA '12, the 26th Large Installation System Administration Conference
- ARM: Sensors to Servers: An end-to-end IoT Demonstration | 9/5/2015
- The future of MEMS in the IoT | Pete Singer | SolidState Technology 09/2015
The Role of Sensor Fusion in the Internet of Things | Kaivan Karimi
- ECN: Sensor Fusion: Making Sense Of The Real World For IoT Applications | Paul Pickering | 02/19/2016
- Synthetic Sensors
"exploring the notion of general-purpose sensing, where a single highly capable sensor can indirectly monitor a large context without direct instrumentation of objects."