IoT Hardware Guide
Find the right IoT development hardware for your product or DIY project needs. Compare leading boards/kits and get reviews and pricing info.
August 20, 2018
The Internet of Things is developing at a rapid pace, thanks in part to an explosion in the availability of small, inexpensive computing hardware. IoT prototyping kits and development boards combine microcontrollers and processors with wireless chips and other components in a pre-built, ready-to-program package.
They come in nearly infinite configurations, from tiny battery-powered chips that chirp intermittently over Bluetooth to credit card-sized computers with USB power supplies and high-bandwidth Wi-Fi radios. Whatever the needs of your project or product, there’s sure to be a board that fits your exact requirements.
The following Channel Guide will help you:
- Filter based on size of project – DIY to full-fledged prototyping kits for professional scale deployments.
- Sort based on connectivity types – Choose right solution ranging from Bluetooth to 3g and 4g cellular options.
- View boards that offer cloud based IoT platform integration.
Looking for some help with your IoT roll-out?
Articles & Resources:
- StackExchange: Embedded Programming for Beginners: Arduino or Raspberry Pi?
- Lelylan: Hardware solutions compared
- cybergibbons: Arduino misconceptions 4: the Arduino is obsolete now the Raspberry Pi exists
- Adafruit: ASK AN EDUCATOR! – “Whats the difference between Arduino, Raspberry Pi, BeagleBoard, etc?”
- DesignSpark: Arduino or Raspberry Pi?
- Jeff Hoogland: Raspberry Pi vs MK802
- DoctorMonk: Raspberry Pi and Arduino
- webiopi: Raspberry Pi Internet of Things framework
- Cooking Hacks: Raspberry Pi to Arduino shields connection bridge
- Directory: Raspberry Pi Wireless Options
- Directory: Arduino Wireless Options
- Internet of Things Software Guide
- Benjamin Tincq: Business Models for Open Source Hardware
Are any of your favorite solutions missing from this list? Get in touch with us here.