May 22, 2018
The following Channel Guide will:
- Provide overview of currently available tools and frameworks.
- Help narrow down the right project fit based on hardware boards and spec comparison.
- List out tutorials and featured projects to help get you started.
NodeRed - Node-RED is a tool for wiring together hardware devices, APIs and online services in new and interesting ways.
CHIRIMEN - A Mozilla community Project
An open-source firmware and development kit that helps you to prototype your IOT product within a few Lua script lines
Mosca is a node.js mqtt broker, which can be used: Standalone or Embedded in another Node.js application
"Socket.IO enables real-time bidirectional event-based communication. It works on every platform, browser or device, focusing equally on reliability and speed."
"NodeBots are robots that are controlled by node.js."
"Node.js package to access serial ports for reading and writing'
"Awesome home automation with Raspberry PI and Arduino using Node.js, MongoDB, HTML5 and Websockets"
node-http2 - An HTTP/2 client and server implementation for node.js
i2c - Native bindings for i2c-dev. Plays well with Raspberry Pi and BeagleBone.
mdns - Adds multicast DNS service discovery, also known as zeroconf or bonjour to node.js. It provides an object based interface to announce and browse services on the local network.
Serverless - An application framework for building serverless web, mobile and IoT applications exclusively on AWS Lambda
"Arduino framework for node.js"
"Evented Arduino and Node.js"
Sparkfun: Johnny-Five Inventor's Kit $124.95
- "The Johnny-Five Inventor’s Kit (J5IK) is your go-to source for developing projects using the Tessel 2 and the Johnny-Five programming framework."
Zetta - "An open source platform built on Node.js for creating Internet of Things servers that run across geo-distributed computers and the cloud. Zetta combines REST APIs, WebSockets and reactive programming – perfect for assembling many devices into data-intensive, real-time applications."
IoT.me - A web application using Node.js as a server, Express.js for the framework and MongoDB as the database (the MEAN stack, without the A).
PageNodes - An in-browser fork of node-red. It requires no back-end server and is 100% browser-based.
ibmiotf - The node.js client is used for simplifying the interacting with the IBM Watson Internet of Things Platform. The following libraries contain instructions and guidance on using the nodejs ibmiotf node to interact with devices and applications within your organizations.
iothub-explorer - A sample CLI tool to manage device clients using the Azure IoT Hub service SDK.
- Build an IoT Bluemix app in Node.js with sensors on Raspberry Pi - 4/26/2016
- Bringing Node.js to Windows 10 IoT Core - 5/12/2015
- Using NodeMCU Board to Send Data to DeviceHub IoT Platform - Made by Leonardo Ribeiro Gonçalves - DeviceHub.net and ESP 5/8/2016
Presentations & Resources:
- Programming the Internet of Things Using Node.js* and HTML5 (PDF) - 6/23/2015
- Losant: Node.js and The Internet of Things - 1/30/2016
- Video: Realtime Hardware with Node.js - Emily Rose
- Getting Physical: Networked Hardware with Node.js - Ted Hayes
- Video: My Sensors Love Node.js - Ward Cunningham
- An Internet Of Things System – How To Build It Faster - Matteo Collina
- HTML5 Powered Internet Of Things Products - Clickside - 10/21/2014
- Using Node-RED to scan for BLE devices - Charalampos Doukas
- Website: TangibleJS