IoT Sensors and Actuators
Explore IoT smart sensor and actuator solution providers. Compare types and technical requirements and protocols across market industries.
Arduino / DIY sensors
Looking for some plug and play sensor platforms? Or some easy to use standalone sensors and actuators?
Raspberry Pi Smart Sensor Kits
- SunFounder - 37 Module Kit $96
Projects / Organizations
- Public Lab
"A community where you can learn how to investigate environmental concerns. Using inexpensive DIY techniques, we seek to change how people see the world in environmental, social, and political terms."
DIY Smart Sensor Projects
- Instructable: Easy IoT weather station with multiple sensors | Ingenerare
IoT Sensor Manufacturers
Mems technology, Flow sensors, Accelerometers, Sensing technology, Inertial systems, Magnetometers, Tilt sensors
Monnit is the leader in Low Cost Remote Monitoring Solutions and Wireless Sensing, allowing you to monitor your business or home from anywhere.
TE Connectivity (NYSE: TEL) is a $12 billion global technology leader. Our connectivity and sensor solutions are essential in today’s increasingly...
ST offers the simplest, fastest and most robust way to develop applications for the Internet of Things (IoT) with our unique portfolio covering...
From microcontrollers and processors to sensors, analog ICs and connectivity, our technologies are fueling innovation in automotive, consumer,...
TI is a global semiconductor design & manufacturing company. Innovate with 80,000+ analog ICs & embedded processors, software & largest sales/support...
Dialog Semiconductor creates highly integrated standard and custom mixed-signal integrated circuits optimised for Smartphone, Tablet, IoT, Solid...
Construction / Buildings
- Smart Structures: Concrete bridge and foundation sensors
- SMARTEC: Structural health monitoring sensors
- SENSR: Structural health
Smart Data Centers / Server Monitoring
Smart Label Sensors
IoT Sensor Data Platforms
SensorUp makes information from all different kinds of sensors accessible in a single platform, by using open standards to connect the sensors....
IntelliSense.io is the market leader in providing realtime insights from sensor data for capital and asset intensive industries that: -...
Ayla's Internet Of Things (IoT) Enterprise Software Platform enables manufacturers and service providers to bring connected products to market...
Samsara is designed for diverse environments from energy monitoring to asset utilization to vehicle tracking. Fully-wireless sensors are flexible...
Sensor List and Protocols
- OGC SensorThings API is an OGC standard specification for providing an open and unified way to interconnect IoT devices, data, and applications over the Web.
- XEP-0323: Internet of Things - Sensor Data: Sensor data interchange over XMPP networks
- IETF: SenML Media Types for Sensor Markup Language
Market Size / Business
- IHS Technology: High-Value MEMS Report - 2015
for the Internet of Things Businesses & Market Trends 2014 - 2024 (PDF)
Moti is a new platform for easily building things that move. It consists of smart motors that are accessible from a web browser. There, you can...
- The Internet of Things and Sensors and Actuators by Vint Cerf at LISA '12, the 26th Large Installation System Administration Conference
- ARM: Sensors to Servers: An end-to-end IoT Demonstration | 9/5/2015
- The future of MEMS in the IoT | Pete Singer | SolidState Technology 09/2015
The Role of Sensor Fusion in the Internet of Things | Kaivan Karimi
- ECN: Sensor Fusion: Making Sense Of The Real World For IoT Applications | Paul Pickering | 02/19/2016
- Synthetic Sensors
"exploring the notion of general-purpose sensing, where a single highly capable sensor can indirectly monitor a large context without direct instrumentation of objects."