One app. One hub.
The hardware hub consists of a Linksys box that connects to your home WiFi network and is outfitted with additional radio support for Z-Wave and Clear Connect (with the possibility of Zigbee and other integrations in future additions).
The software platform powering the mobile app and hardware integration is the work of Zonoff (See our recent interview with CEO of Zonoff Mike Harris here) a company focused on providing white-label software and PaaS for device makers and retailers looking to jump into the rejuvenated connected home market.
In combination, the hardware and software platform allow a user to control a wide range of 3rd party connected products from a single app including support out-of-the-box for:
- Philips Hue, and GE wireless lighting
- Ivee voice activated hub (That can possibly act as an alternative interface to the system in the future)
- Lutron lighting and shades
- Honeywell smart thermostats
- First Alert security products
- Motion sensors from EcoLink
- D-Link networked cameras