automate your sleep journal
The Lark is a wristband sleep tracker that measures subtle body movements (Tracking method is called Actigraphy) to monitor your nightly sleep cycle and sync the data online via Bluetooth and a smartphone app. We look at the device in more detail below:
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.0
- Sleep:Using actigraphy sleep tracking technology the device are service provides you with an app and online automated sleep journal/sleep data summary with the ability to tag "triggers" & moods and make benchmark data comparisons.
- Alarm: Features a vibration ability to gently nudge you awake without bugging anyone else.
- Coach: For a $60/year service the device can be upgrade to evaluate your sleep patterns and provided coaching tips to improve your sleep based on the data gathered.
- Sensor: Accelerometer
- Battery: 48 hours (50mAh capacity) Micro USB connector (male)
- Size: 1.9 x 4.4 x 7 inches
- Weight: 12.8 ounces
- Review: Apple Customers 3.5/5
- Review: Amazon Customers 3/5
- Review: GadgetReview 3.5/5
- Review: BestBuy Customers 5/5
- Review: Digital Dreamer 8/10
- Review: Health2News 5/5
- Review: Gizmodo
- Review: FitSugar "I'm a sleep-deprived stats fan so I love using the Lark and tracking my sleep patterns."
- Video: Harvard Sleep Expert Dr. Jo Solet Comments on LARK
- Article: How Lark Went From Idea to Apple Store in One Year - Wired
- Article: Hands-on with the Lark sleep system - DigitalTrends
- Article: Lark Wristband Reveals the Best Lifestyle Choices For a Good Night’s Sleep - Wired
- Article: Lark is the startup you'll want to sleep with - CNET
- Research: The role and validity of actigraphy in sleep medicine: an update
- Article: Let Sleeping Partners Lie - WSJ
- Article: Want to Sleep Like a Baby? iPhone App With Vibrating Strap Can Help - Mashable
- Article: LARK Silent Alarm Clock Will Wake You Up Without Disturbing Your Partner and Help You Sleep Better- Lifehacker
- Article: No Sex, Please, We’re Tracking Sleep Cycles: Rich Jaroslovsky - Bloomberg
More details and specs about the device can be found at: lark.com/products/lark